Friday 15 April 2011

Agile & Communication

After the success of the Agile & Stress and Agile & Empowerment handouts I've now uploaded the Agile & Communications presentation.

Communications is often an undervalued part of dealing with others - especially when leading teams to deliver change.  Most of us are taught some of the basic skills of reading & writing but schools tend to forget the importance of active listening, non-verbal communciations and how to deal with the barriers that stop it happening effectively.

Our ability to be able to communicate is key to other management skills.

Without effective body language reading skills or an appreciation of what people are really trying to tell our ability to negotiate, deal with conflict & motivate others is immediately impacted.

Looking at all of the projects that I've had to turnaround in the last few years I would say that 90% of my success has been due to getting people to communicate more effectively and, making sure that I'm communicating well at the same time.

In follow-up blogs I'll deal with Negotation, Conflict Management and Consultancy Skills.  If anyone would like copies of the exercises that I use on the courses feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks for taking the time to read :-)

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment