Thursday 21 April 2011

Agile isn't just for software!

Just stumbled on this Declaration of Independance site by accident - but I'm really pleased that I did.  I really believe that Agile applies to all project environments - not just software.  In some ways it reminds me of project management that, for many years, was entrenched only in the construction industry and so called "hard" projects.  Now, 20 years later, project management is found in just about every industry and organisation.

Now I'm not a real fan of the concept of "Agile Project Management".  I think that the mindset of most projects is completely different to that of an Agile implementation.  Until we can change the mindset of Leaders & Managers we're always going to struggle to make Agile work effectively.

The Declaration of Independence is just one of those starting points.  It takes the Agile Manifesto and widens it's application to a range of other possibilities and demonstrates how Agile can be applied outside of software development.

Take a look - and become a signatory if you think it's worth pursuing.

Have a great Easter

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment